OSI USV Services
OSI provides extensive USV services, centered around integration of the vehicle with your choice of sensor package and communications needs to meet your project and PM requirements. The fleet of autonomous vessels is available to lease for use on your next operations mission or development and testing initiative. Subject matter expertise and project management services are also available to enhance any portion of your project.
Our services include:
- Test platform leasing
- USVs available to the client for use in testing new hardware and systems
- Integration services, performed:
- alongside the client through each step of a project, or at selected points of the integration.
- independently of the client to integrate a USV that will meet their needs.
- Project Management, where we:
- Create a plan for integration and testing
- Oversee and direct integration of new hardware and systems aboard USV
- Oversee and direct testing of the integrated hardware and systems aboard USV
- Generate deliverables based on the results of tests and integration aboard USV
- Customized solutions
- Inquire for details
Our expert in-house engineering and sensor integration capabilities are available to guarantee success in your uncrewed mission.
Description of USVs
The SR-Surveyor M1.8 is a tightly integrated, compact hydrographic survey USV that features an EdgeTech 2205 sonar system for bathymetric and side scan imagery, a SBG Inertial Motion Unit, a Velodyne LiDAR Puck, and an optional ADCP. This USV is a highly portable, turnkey solution to advance your hydrographic and subsea imaging project (low profile, shallow draft, SUV-transportable).
The SR-Utility 4.0 and the SR-Utility 5.7 USVs are configurable uncrewed catamarans. Each has a mounting pole for multi-beam sonar or other subsea sensors. Both vessels can accommodate a wide array of payloads.
The SR-Endurance 11.0 USV is designed for longer ocean missions. The large catamaran features plentiful deck space for payloads and an optional diesel generator.
Benefits of USV Operation
Utilization of uncrewed vessels offers many benefits over traditional maritime operations. Reduced carbon footprint (all of our USVs are battery powered), increased efficiency, and increased safety are among these benefits. USVs make it possible to gather intelligence without putting people in harm’s way. A USV has a lower profile than a traditional vessel and draws less attention in forward areas. An uncrewed vessel can also serve as a force multiplier.
Transport, Launch & Recovery
Each of our USVs is easily transported over the road via a discrete trailer requiring only a pickup truck or SUV as the tow vehicle. Global shipping via container is available. Our USVs can be launched from a boat ramp or crane.
Learn More About Ocean Specialists